Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Tuesday's Agenda

A poem is never finished, only abandoned.
--W.H. Auden


As soon as I'm done typing this, I'll begin coloring the final 16 pages of WHTTWOT. About half those pages already have rough colors laid down, which is a big help. If I can average one per hour I'll be done around midnight, but since they're some of the most detailed pages in the book I doubt I'll maintain that pace.

After the coloring is done I still have tons of redrawing, correcting, and general fixing ahead. My "To Do" list is still growing instead of shrinking. My deadline is the end of the week; that's when I contractually owe my publisher a "final" draft. "Final" is in quotes because we all know it won't be final final--we'll still do a lot of fiddling before the files get to the printer. However, when September rolls around, I should be able to take a breath, stumble out of my cave, and spend more time blogging. And sleeping.

Today will be a great day if I can finish coloring all 16. I expect to complete about 12, and will be disappointed if I only get to 8 or 9. I'll report my progress at the end of the day.

UPDATE: Just past 1 a.m., and the count is 12. I admit I cheated a bit by grabbing an easy one at the end, but on the other hand I had some very productive digressions and distractions throughout the day. All in all, a fair day's labor.

No comments: