Thursday, September 11, 2008

I'm Baaaa-ack

As my six regular readers may recall, I've got this quirk about not announcing to the entire Internet that my home is unoccupied and available for plunder. Might as well post a big sign on the garage door that reads, "we'll all be gone until the tenth, the key is under the mat."

The "hiatus" I mentioned in my last post was cover for a long family vacation from which we've just returned (in fact, the last post was written in advance and autoposted after we left). When we told people where we were going, almost all of them asked, "Why would you go there?" And yet we did, and I think we all had a great time. I'll tell you all about it as soon as I catch up on some e-mails and work. More soon!

5 comments:

shrinking indigo said...

Welcome back, Brian!

I'd been a bit behind* on my RSS feeds, and so didn't read your last six or so entries until about Monday.

I'd wanted to leave a comment saying something to the effect of "OMG, yay WHTTWOT!" (Except much more clever and pithy, of course.)

However, you were quite clear about not being online for a while, and I didn't want it to look like I hadn't listened, so I figured I'd wait until you got back.

And now you're back.

So ... um ... well ...

Hearty felicitations on the completion of your spectacular project. I wait for its publication with baited breath.

(Translation: "OMG, yay WHTTWOT!")

In all seriousness, I can't wait.

-Amanda Doria

* This is a GROSS understatement.

ronnie said...

You're just still sore about the party we had at your place while you were at the Eisners.

Big meanie.

Sherwood Harrington said...

In Brian's defense, ronnie, we did sort of trash the place.

But it was fun.

Mark Heath said...

Note to self: the next time Brian says he's on hiatus, or too busy to write for several days, rent truck, plunder house.

Welcome back.

Brian Fies said...

Amanda, thanks a lot! Your enthusiasm both heartens and frightens me. All I can promise is that WHTTWOT is as good as I can make it.

Ronnie and Sherwood, can you blame me? The place still stinks of digital nachos and beer.

Mark, your evil plot actually occurred to me before I posted. That's why, the next time I announce a hiatus, I'll really be sitting in my living room in the dark with a loaded crossbow in my lap. Waiting. Just waiting.