Monday, January 26, 2009

Living Well with Cancer in D.C.

About this time last year, the nice people at the Washington Cancer Institute at Washington Hospital Center in Washington D.C. (that's a whole lotta "Washington") asked me to help publicize a series of free seminars they hosted. I evidently did such a great job that they asked me to do it again.

Living Well with Cancer is a series of three seminars for cancer patients, caregivers, family, and friends. The first will be held Saturday, January 31 at the Washington Cancer Institute. Topics of the first seminar include "Understanding Your Rights" and "The Three Rs: Relationships, Responsibilities and Roles." The second and third seminars are on February 28 and March 28. Visit http://WHCenter.org/livingwell for more information.

1 comment:

Bibliophile said...

A dear friend was diagnosed with breast cancer at the age of 43. She found a small lump and had a biopsy done at the Georgetown women's hospital in Washington, DC. (last I heard that hospital closed). I visited her at the hospital.

She told me that her doctor, Katherine Alley (sp?) was wonderful and highly recommended her. I am happy to report that she is in good health, living in Savannah with her husband.

Thank you for sharing the link.