Sunday, May 10, 2009

A Mother's Day Mention

Mom's Cancer got a very nice mention from the Library Journal as part of a special Mother's Day list of 14 graphic novels about moms. Writer/reviewer Martha Cornog wrote, "This grave and courageous account reaches beyond one individual and one family to become a support story for others living with cancer, and a real classic."

There are good books on the list and it's an honor to be among them. Librarians, library associations, and the library trade press supported Mom's Cancer from the start, and I really appreciate it. One of the thrills of getting published is its permanence; I think having your book in libraries must be the second-best sort of immortality. (Woody Allen: "I don't want to achieve immortality through my work . . . I want to achieve it by not dying!")

Happy Mother's Day to all you moms however you love and nurture someone who needs it. Especially to my wife Karen, who's paid her dues.
.

No comments: