Thursday, August 22, 2013

Marking the Day

Today would have been Mom's 74th birthday. To commemorate it, I thought I'd post some pics from her 64th, which was the birthday I wrote about in Mom's Cancer. August 22, 2003. Here's the big page from that chapter:


And here's the real thing. What, you didn't think I made it up, did you?

We put out a nice spread.
Opening gifts with Kid Sis.
 
Nurse Sis demonstrates the proper operation of a scalp massager.
Nurse Sis, Mom, and me workin' the Hawaiian

My daughters, my wife Karen, me, Nurse Sis and Kid Sis. Not sure what we're all doing with our hands. Let's say we were channeling healing energy, although more likely we were acting silly for the camera.

Mom and her Hero. Hero's doing fine with my sisters, by the way, although he's gotten gray around the muzzle. Haven't we all.

 
 
I think and dream about Mom a lot, almost always happily. Memories of this party are some of the happiest. It was a good day.
.

1 comment:

Namowal (Jennifer Bourne) said...

Thanks for sharing those photos.
I agree it looks like a happy day.